Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be a big break for somebody out there. Who does everybody think will replace Jr. @ DEI?
They are still a top knotch organization, and could really give some other drivers career a shot in the arm.
Who's available and who will make themselves available should the ride be offered to them?
Theresa will need a big name to attract the sponsor $$$$. I am a Truex fan, but he hasn't really done anything in Cup yet to hang their hat on. Could be really interesting.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Greg Biffle.

Roush Fenway isn't what it was a couple of years ago. Biffle can be a top-notch driver, he's proved that two years ago and in Trucks and Busch. He's the best free agent out there other than Dale Jr. I think Theresa will make him the biggest offer just because she has to. She can't afford to put another rookie in her cars when she already has one sophomore who hasn't lived up to expectations yet and another rookie who's struggling to make races.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If DEI and RYR merge then nobody will replace him b/c they will be at 4 teams with Truex, Menard, Rudd and Gilliland. If that happens....If not, it is a whole new ballgame. I agree with Tater. Biffle looks like a good candidate.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
fishin4cars said:
Can't help but wonder if she might try to pull Jarrett over there?
It's a possibility, but I don't think Jarrett has much left in the tank. I think he could still be competitive with a good program, but he's not what DEI needs. They need someone who's going to run up front and be competitive every week.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
This could be a big break for somebody out there. Who does everybody think will replace Jr. @ DEI?
They are still a top knotch organization, and could really give some other drivers career a shot in the arm.
Who's available and who will make themselves available should the ride be offered to them?
Theresa will need a big name to attract the sponsor $$$$. I am a Truex fan, but he hasn't really done anything in Cup yet to hang their hat on. Could be really interesting.
I don't agree that DEI is a top notch organization. Jr's cars haven't really been competitive, and they cannot keep up with Roush and Hendrick. Look at how many engines have blown this year. I think Jr. wanted control so he could get some better people in the engine program, and since that obviously wasn't going to happen, he decided to bail. I think this is the best move for Jr. because I don't think he would ever win a championship with the personnel currently running the show at DEI.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, I'd like to see Dave in there too, but he is very lotal. If Bill Davis wants him back, he will stay at BDR. He would have never left the first time, but Amoco dropped their sponsorship and they couldn't get anything. That's when Stacy Compton brought Hills Bros. coffee to the stable.
If Davis wants him there, he will stay.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe it was Hut Stricklin. When Davis let Dave go, I didn't pay much attention there. It was strickly a sponsor driven move.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Yup, purely sponsor driven. I still don't know what the connection between Hills Bros. Coffee and Hut Stricklin is. He didn't last but half the year. Kenny Wallace, Scott Wimmer, and even Geoffrey Bodine drove the car later in the year. Reminds me of Brent Sherman and BAM last year. He brought Serta with him, but he was HORRIBLE and not ready for Cup. He makes BDR taking Hut Stricklin look like a great move.

As far as Stricklin, yup, he drove for the Stovola Brothers after Jeff Burton left them at then end of 1995. Nearly won a race at Darlington... led the most laps, finished second, but lost to Jeff Gordon.

Jesus, why do I remember all this about Hut Stricklin?

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
I say possibly paul menard. He is a good driver and with the right equipment he may be able to better than he is doing now.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Why not just Truex in the 8? I mean he is going to be their #1 driver.. so why not put him in the companys #1 car???? (not the #1 car.. the number 1 car..... lololza)

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I think Brett Bodine will comeback and drive the 8 and bring Hooters with him. :rofl:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Since Theresa thinks she can do everything, let her go drive the damn car.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Does it matter who replaces Jr.? DEI has gone down slowly since Sr. was killed. Nobody behind the scenes there knows how to drive those damn cars. Truex will finish 08 with them either leave or be booted out because of lack luster performance. Same will happen with Menard. DEI will "merge" with someone and that will be the end of it until Jr. gets the copyright, changes JR Motorsports aka Chance 2 aka whatever else he wants to call it over to DEI and restart the company the way it should be! Teresa has lost the only reason why DEI exists now it's a matter of time before the company falls.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I have no idea if Bud will stay with DEI, but I have a strong feeling if they go with Jr. they will make any deal necessary for that #8!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts