1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
DCZ's Sliced Bread
2,439 Posts
As bad as the Green Lantern movie was, I'd still like to see a Green Lantern car just because it would probably look badass, the Flash too!

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
I've seen the trailer for the Flash TV show, and I am impressed. Even though I wasn't a Rosuch fan, I own the Jeff Burton (Carl Edwards) Green Lantern car and I searched out the retail versions of all of those. I thought most of those were pretty cool, although at the time you wouldn't catch me dead with a Kurt Busch (Superman) car. I grew up on DC first, although I did eventually cross over into Marvel as well, and the Superhero schemes have been some of my favorites. As long as they do it right and don't overkill it (which they have a tendency to do) and don't overproduce the cars (which they also have a tendency to do), they will likely have a winner on their hands. After all, in the end, two of the most popular drivers in the sport drive for Hendrick (Gordon and Jr) and if they expand into NW with Chase Elliott, the potential is limitless.

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Honestly, I think this is really cool!!!

Reactions: NEW2

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
I don't see how it's a risk, especially on Hendrick's end of the deal. There's a big Superman vs. Batman movie in the works, and that'll be a huge promotional tool for NASCAR.

I've always thought NASCAR was the best market for stuff like this. Sure, you can pay to get sponsorship time in the NFL or MLB, but in NASCAR, you actually get merchandise out of it.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
I don't see how it's a risk, especially on Hendrick's end of the deal. There's a big Superman vs. Batman movie in the works, and that'll be a huge promotional tool for NASCAR.

I've always thought NASCAR was the best market for stuff like this. Sure, you can pay to get sponsorship time in the NFL or MLB, but in NASCAR, you actually get merchandise out of it.
Yeah they can advertise the new movies, TV shows like Flash and Arrow, along with new game and comic books. The only risk I could see is Hendrick signed over the likeness of the drivers. DC can just insert them into comics or give them their own comic which could backfire. Overall though very cool deal.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,087 Posts
in 04 the cars had great schemes for the technology available...HMS is like minting money and right now the list of highest grossing films revolves around Marvel comics monster blockbusters. DC is trying to stay fat in the game and the big four are iconic heroes... MY generation that once read and purchased those comics new...are the ones speaking with our economy...again just look at the box office receipts.

·
Evil Henchman
4,621 Posts
I agree with Karl....if they don't overkill it I think it will be pretty cool. Aside from the first Burton Batman and Nolan Batman trilogy every DC comics movie I've seen has been awful. DC is way behind the Marvel machine. Iron Man, Capt America 2, and the Avengers were awesome. Aside from the Thor movies the rest were pretty good too. The next X-Men looks amazing. It's going to be hard for DC to jump the bar Marvel has set with another Green Lantern, that awful idea of Batman vs. Superman, and some of there other lackluster projects. I welcome the diecast though.

·
Landon Cassill #1 Fan
2,951 Posts
anybody remember the NASCAR Races cartoon???

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
]How bout a Gordon Godzilla car?
No I wouldn't want to see that, because I would have a heart attack and die from my two favorite things in the world coming together.

Reactions: RaisedOnRadio
1 - 18 of 18 Posts