Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the office today taking pictures of my newest collectable jewel and I decided to include my "office die casts." This is where I put all my RCCA club cars, in a custom made case.

As you can see fromt he pics, it has expanded to two cases now, and the second one is not even half way full. If they did not make anymore boxes it would have looked pretty empty for a looooong time.

If you want to see the entire wall, and the coolest Dallas Cowboys collectable in the world jump over to "The Gridiron" section and take a peek.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the same way Tater. I have the hangers at home, but they just do not display well in my opinion. I certianly could not take them to my office or anywhere like that and make them look professional. You can imagine what that wall would look like with the identical number of cars in their WC and Racing Champion packs! It would take up the entire wall, and look like a patchwork quilt! Not exactly the image I want when I have a saleman in there that I am trying to jack down on his prices!

A nice little case like these and you can make this boxes look alright. Kind of understated, yet still fun and professional enough that my office does not look like walmart. It is a good conversation piece during meetings and interviews and stuff like that.

·
Super Moderator
8,651 Posts
yea, when i was in the Marine Corps, i had a display case on the wall at work that had all my "Marine" cars in it and everyone that came in that saw it, asked about it.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep. That is the point. Gets people to start talking, you'd be amazed at how far a little common ground goes in negotiations.
I have another wall, and one of my book shelves that has a bunch of my Marine Corps stuff. I keep all my medals and personal stuff like that at home, but I have my discharge cert, and a couple plaques and stuff like that.
A couple smaller Alabama and Auburn football things here and there.

Even if you are not a Cowboys fan, or a Gordon fan, if you are in to racing and/or football it leads in to instant conversation.

And then over my desk are all my professional certs and dimplomas so that they understand, I may be a little bit of a sports nut, but I am not a backwards ass ******* retard! :rofl:

I even keep my first taekwondo cert hanging in there for when it comes time to councel someone! or just in case a Stewart fan comes in and gets too rowdy! :rofl:

Its all fun, I spend 8 to 10 hours a day in there, I have to be comfortable and relaxed.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Nice Cases, I am going to have to make something like that for all of my Earnhardt & Jr. cars!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts