Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riddle me this-- how is it that I can get a package from Australia in 10 days, but I have a package that was sent from Florida (NASCAR.com) on the 19th and it just arrived at my local post office this morning and the tracking says to give it at least 1-2 more business days for delivery? In addition, why does it take a package 3-4 days to arrive from RCCA when I could drive there and back in 12 hours? (When they shipped UPS, I would get my cars the next day?)

No wonder the post office is having trouble. People are finding alternate means of shipping because they suck. I only bought a car from NASCAR.com because it was an exclusive. They used FEDEX smartpost which is definitely misnamed because it's the dumbest service I've ever seen. The car went from Florida to NC right past me to WV and then back to Virginia Beach. Ridiculous.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
I agree that's ridiculous. If I ever have to sell anything I will probally try UPS yet myself... But I also get to use works discount... Some of these services are off their rockers.

·
Premium Member
12,378 Posts
I agree that it makes no sense and there's no rhyme or reason.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Fedex smartpost always seemed like too many hands on the package. Handing a package off to some else to deliver always could be a formula for shipping delay.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I have no problems at all shipping USPS Priority mail. I get 2 day service, 3 max on everything I ship except a package took 4 days to Alaska. Be aware that just because someone sends you a tracking number that it doesn't mean that it has been shipped. It has to show received or processed, not just manifest when tracking. Parcel Select takes a few days longer because it travels by truck from point A to point B with stop-offs in between. Unless you are a business and get a discount, UPS and Fedex rates are outrageous for 5 day service. They both have to be processed thru a hub location 100s of miles away, even if you are shipping to your neighbor across the street.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I just had mail delivered and received hero cards from 3 different locations sent First Class mail. I am in Orange Park, FL which is a suburb of Jacksonville. From Harrisburg, PA postmarked the 21st, from Orange City, IA postmarked the 20th and from Scottsdale, AZ postmarked the 21st.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
oh crap another waaaahhhhhh where is my package . nothing personal karl lol. as a retred postal employee i still love the usps. rarely ever a problem and i routinely get parcel in 2 to 3 days from the east coast to me on the west coast. they all work together in some way. ups takes packages to some post offices who then deliver them. fed ex flies a lot of mail and express for the post office . one big happy family. problems happen for all them at times. i had a ups packege sit 3 days only 1 mile from me because the estimated delivery day was later. the us government stuck the knife in the usps in 2006 and has been slowly twisting it since then. the retiree prefunding law exits soley for the usps. why? because it gave the government perk money by skimming the money off the usps. no other company is required to do this. the usps haters may soon have there way. door to door is going away . rep darrly issa claims to try to help the postal service but all his bills are going to undermine it. be careful what you wish for. sorry too long of a post .

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@wallbanger
This isn't really a "wah where is my package" post, but rather a "why the hell aren't they more organized" post? For example, why do they have to go FEDEX and USPS instead of just USPS? Just recently (about a month ago), I had a package that was clearly marked with my shipping address delivered somewhere else and marked as delivered. Luckily, it was only two or three blocks away and the person who received it was honest and delivered it to the right address. I understand that with the cutbacks that local post offices (and distribution centers) have closed, and I also understand that Congress has their sticky fingers in the pot. I don't understand crappy service, misdelivered packages, and a standard 4 days (I follow the tracking) for a package to go less than 300 miles when a package can make it from Australia to the US in 10 days.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
I only ship USPS Priority Mail. Now that being said for orders over three cars I have to ship UPS.PUMP THE BREAKS BRING THE BRINKS TRUCK AND THE BOAT ANCHOR. UPS wont deliver before a schedule under any exception unless one! Your package or package are impeding there other deliverys.UPS takes 7 working days to travel coast to coast even though your package arrives in three days sometimes.

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
I too usually have pretty good success in shipping USPS. I can say this, I do know they are not consistent and it really depends with each individual post office/region. I have two USPS Post Offices within 1.5 miles of me, and its amazing how much different one functions from the other. The Chino Hills location is far superior then the Chino location - better customer service, more superior staffing, and always organized and systematic.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Agreed. I ordered the Gray Gaulding Krispy Kreme car weeks ago from his site, and I've yet to receive it.

·
Premium Member
24,079 Posts
I can't complain. I've rarely had a package take too long to get to me. I've always found USPS to be on par with FedEx and UPS as far as speed goes.

I do have a major complaint with USPS as far as them stealing money from me -- twice. But that's another topic.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
I can't complain. I've rarely had a package take too long to get to me. I've always found USPS to be on par with FedEx and UPS as far as speed goes.

I do have a major complaint with USPS as far as them stealing money from me -- twice. But that's another topic.
I am currently tracking a diecast I purchased on April 1st was received by the USPS on April 2nd, and I have yet to receive it, according to the tracking the last update was May 7th and it was in Alaska and has already been to Hawaii, California, Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, and New York, but has not even passed through any facilities in Ohio or Pennsylvania or any other adjacent states. I have the feeling it is gone forever.

·
CraZyGordoManiac
1,351 Posts
Well I had a similar issue one time when buying a diecast on eBay. I bought something from FL and by the time it was all said and done, the package had been to VA and NC before getting to me in GA. I'm pretty sure the USPS doesn't have a US map b/c idk about ya'll but those two states are kinda nowhere freaking close to FL lol.

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
Riddle me this-- how is it that I can get a package from Australia in 10 days, but I have a package that was sent from Florida (NASCAR.com) on the 19th and it just arrived at my local post office this morning and the tracking says to give it at least 1-2 more business days for delivery? In addition, why does it take a package 3-4 days to arrive from RCCA when I could drive there and back in 12 hours? (When they shipped UPS, I would get my cars the next day?)

No wonder the post office is having trouble. People are finding alternate means of shipping because they suck. I only bought a car from NASCAR.com because it was an exclusive. They used FEDEX smartpost which is definitely misnamed because it's the dumbest service I've ever seen. The car went from Florida to NC right past me to WV and then back to Virginia Beach. Ridiculous.
I think you are blaming the wrong company. FedEx Smartpost is the problem. The car was probably picked up by FedEx in Florida. Sent to a FedEx sorting center in NC then on to a FedEx sorting center in WV before finally being handed off to the USPS sorting center in Virginia Beach. It probably didn't arrived at your local Post Office until after the daily deliveries were sorted and loaded on the trucks for that day, thus the 1-2 more days for delivery being it is Saturday.

I ship many packages a week through the USPS and I could count on 1 hand the number of times I have had a package take more than 3-4 days to arrive, some going to the East or West coast, and that includes the items I send Media Mail.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
I have no problems at all shipping USPS Priority mail. I get 2 day service, 3 max on everything I ship except a package took 4 days to Alaska. Be aware that just because someone sends you a tracking number that it doesn't mean that it has been shipped. It has to show received or processed, not just manifest when tracking. Parcel Select takes a few days longer because it travels by truck from point A to point B with stop-offs in between. Unless you are a business and get a discount, UPS and Fedex rates are outrageous for 5 day service. They both have to be processed thru a hub location 100s of miles away, even if you are shipping to your neighbor across the street.

I will honestly say I only use Fedex for large items, USPS has never really been too much of an issue. I shipped a door panel to VA for like $20 bucks or so and arrived in basically a day after I dropped it off, USPS for 2 cars is around $12 and alot easier to carry.

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you are blaming the wrong company. FedEx Smartpost is the problem. The car was probably picked up by FedEx in Florida. Sent to a FedEx sorting center in NC then on to a FedEx sorting center in WV before finally being handed off to the USPS sorting center in Virginia Beach. It probably didn't arrived at your local Post Office until after the daily deliveries were sorted and loaded on the trucks for that day, thus the 1-2 more days for delivery being it is Saturday.

I ship many packages a week through the USPS and I could count on 1 hand the number of times I have had a package take more than 3-4 days to arrive, some going to the East or West coast, and that includes the items I send Media Mail.
I see your point, and in truth, the blame actually lies with the company (ies) who choose to use such a dumb method for shipping. At least RCCA chooses a single method for shipping; however, since they have switched to USPS, my delivery time from them has tripled. With UPS, my delivery time was one day after shipping (from Charlotte to Norfolk). Now it averages 3 days. In addition, since I have been a member, USPS has lost and/or misdelivered three cars from RCCA and UPS has lost none.

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,708 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

I just got some Winterbottom cars from Perth in less than 10 days, thru the Aussie & Canadian postal service, Air..

I get stuff from the USA and it takes 2-3 weeks, especially if it goes thru the useless global shipping program that flea-bay uses.

It goes from, where ever it ships from, to KY, then back again to Toronto, then out to Alberta. I had a piece that was sent from NH, to KY, then back north to Toronto, then to me, 1 day less than 4 weeks..?

..and don't get me started on the extra fees!

It seems to me that they are just creating work to keep people employed..

Reactions: kspool

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

I just got some Winterbottom cars from Perth in less than 10 days, thru the Aussie & Canadian postal service, Air..

I get stuff from the USA and it takes 2-3 weeks, especially if it goes thru the useless global shipping program that flea-bay uses.

It goes from, where ever it ships from, to KY, then back again to Toronto, then out to Alberta. I had a piece that was sent from NH, to KY, then back north to Toronto, then to me, 1 day less than 4 weeks..?

..and don't get me started on the extra fees!

It seems to me that they are just creating work to keep people employed..

I don't know why any eBay seller would use that worthless Global Shipping program to ship to Canada, Great Britian or Australia. It adds time and cost to the shipment and gives you know better seller protection. Now that USPS has DC for 1st Class Mail International Parcel along with International Priority Mail it is ridiculous to use it for shipping to Canada. Some other countries maybe.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts