Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it ever end, and the worst part is, I kinda like em', and I would never be caught dead in a pair of Wranglers. The question begs to be asked, do you buy two pair? "One for go, and one for stow?" Then you'd have to find a display case to show them off in, and it just goes on and on and on....

Wrangler to Honor Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Nextel Cup News

Wrangler Jeans Company will honor the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. and his legacy left on motorsports by launching “The Limited Edition Dale Earnhardt Collection by Wrangler.” The jeans that are similar to the jean that Earnhardt wore himself are racing inspired with a classic fit offered in "Intimidator Black" and "#3 Indigo" with custom #3 details and Dale Sr. signature patch. Tees and hats are also available.

The Earnhardt collection will be available in select Wal-Mart stores nationwide in late November. SCR

Matthew Blaylock

http://wranglerjeansco.wrangler.com/wrpromo/wr_07pr_dale_pics.html

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Just another way for companies and That lady that tries to run DEI to make a buck by using Sr's name.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
That is extremely sad to see, she's just trying to make more cash on her late Great Husband. But then again she lost the other easy money person, in Jr. He isn't stupid, at least next year hopefully, the money they make on him will be invested in his team and R & D!!!

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Ya know....watching disc two of the Dale set....Rusty made a comment about when Dale confronted him with creating a "merchandising" company. Dale did the patent on himself on DEI. Dale created diecasts as we know them and t-shirts and hats and all the other "crap". If it wouldn't have been for him Nascar would be nothing today he made it what it is. I can't say Teresa is just using his name for money. Dale merchandise has leveled off big time she's not pushing to market diecasts every year with his name on it. Not to mention everything that uses the #3 and Goodwrench goes to RCR not DEI so Childress gets a great chunk of change too for the teams. So in my opinion keep on doing what you're doing Teresa RCR can keep using the money to get better stronger and put Burton, Bowyer, and Harvick in victory lane every week!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think his merchandise has hit the end of the line. Other than the die-hard Big E fans, people want stuff of their current driver. He was a legend, but you can see, even right after he passed, when they started making the Legendary Series of die-cast, that they weren't selling like everybody anticipated. In fact, they were supposed to be making like 100 cars that he drove that had never been made in die-cast, and when the sales were "less than desirable" that idea kinda disappeared into the sunset. Shame, there were some sweet cars they coulda made. But people got tired of, "How many Busch Series Venturas could Action make", and it fell on it's face.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
What killed it to begin with was the fact they remade cars before they made new ones. The 1/32 historic series was a crock of shit all of those were made before. People don't want stuff they already own they want new stuff. Plus since when do men buy clothes for no real reason? Hell I have a hard enough time buying clothes when I need them let alone when they put out a "special edition". As for some wally's pulling them for not selling that's shit too. They problem had them hidden among all the other crap so nobody saw them. I almost always avoid those damn isle racks because they make it hard to move about the stores. Not to mention they didn't advertise this stuff!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts