Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been thinking, and I firmy believe that Scott Wimmer will be the driver of the 4th RCR car next year in Cup, w/Holiday Inn as the sponsor. I can't see anybody else getting it.
I guess this week at Indy will tell the tale.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I honestly don't think he'd get it. I'd be happy with Wimmer running full time in the Busch Series for RCR and contend for the championship.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
taterracing said:
I honestly don't think he'd get it. I'd be happy with Wimmer running full time in the Busch Series for RCR and contend for the championship.
I think Richard really likes him. It's like the deal where Richard gave Dave a ride until he signed Burton, and I think if Dave needed another ride, Richard would take him in and let him run Busch until he got something.
He has been running well, and he has Cup experience and he isn't going to provide any ego problems like "Shrub" would. I think he has a better chance than y'all give him credit for.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Childress likes guys who are willing to do what it takes to help race teams. Wimmer has done more than just run half of a Busch schedule. He's tested Busch and Cup cars, he's help guide younger drivers and give input on the race cars. I think that's the kind of person that Childress likes. Is it enough to get Wimmer a full-time ride? Hopefully. Have to see what Holiday Inn does or if there's another sponsor out there.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
The RCR fourth car rumors will never be put to rest untill Childress announces something, but as much as I'd love to see Scott back up in the Cup Series, I don't want him to move back up too fast then to struggle. I'd rather see him run full time Busch and take a crack at the championship and work his way to Cup from there. And of course as we know, Scott isn't the strongest qualifyer, so with him in a new car without any owners points isn't going to work out too well I don't think.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It would be nice to see him land a Cup ride, but at the same time, he's doing awesome in Busch, and if he could get a full time Busch ride, I believe he could sit in that car for multiple years and contend for a Championship, now that would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Im starting to like Wimmer... saying that, I wouldnt like to see him in Cup next year. He needs 1 or two more years in the "Insert name here" Series, before getting back in a Cup car.. especially a start up Cup Car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts