Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really I wouldn't be dropping my hard earned cash to watch this show tonight!Three of the cars are questionable WOO Caliber cars? Really what gives with drawing to Charlotte?Whers the big bad posses cars?

I see another track has 40 cars!!!!!Now that is what I am talking about in sprint cars.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Well, there's already been 10 WoO events this month, it's possible that a lot of the teams with smaller budgets can't run that many races in such a short span.

But yes that 21 cars (now 22 I believe) does seem low. Earlier this month a mid-week race in the middle of Illinois had nearly 40 cars show up so it does seem odd to see less than 25 show up tonight.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Really I wouldn't be dropping my hard earned cash to watch this show tonight!Three of the cars are questionable WOO Caliber cars? Really what gives with drawing to Charlotte?Whers the big bad posses cars?

I see another track has 40 cars!!!!!Now that is what I am talking about in sprint cars.
A lot of the teams are out of the Ohio and Pennsylvania area, so races closer to there generally will draw the most cars, North Carolina isn't really in the heart of sprint car country.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@mwinters I am very aware of where NC and Posseville is.But I am also very aware where Possville and posse faitthville talk all there smack about they are the best etc etc etc.But the poss faithful wont leave there own back yard and they will complain about Hoosier tires till the front wings fall off.Last time I checked if you wanna be the best you have to beat the best.The best are the WOO.2nd best are Knoxville 410 weekly show.The posse representatives put out by the shark are a crime. The Shark should be ashamed.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
@ronmcc I am not saying the racing is better in Ohio or Pennsylvania, I am just saying that a lot of 410 sprint car teams are out of that area, and that it might not be economically feasible for them to make it to North Carolina to race, it is easier for them to stick to the races in Ohio and Pennsylvania and the surrounding area.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@mwinters I blame the WOO as well. You have to do something to entice the locals or the smaller traveling teams from smaller states to want to showu up $150.00 oh wait and the prestige to say you got spanked by the Outlaws.Wow you paid for one right rear. Doesnt include fuel, food, rooms,parts,motor repair etc.Charlotte use to be one of the places to be seen and to find a ride and keep your name out there in a low budget ride.

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
Man, I went to the race at the Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, Wisconsin last summer. They had 28 cars, 27 ran. Tony Stewart's car was there, but he couldn't get to the track as his plane was having issues.

How is it that a track in nowhere-Wisconsin draws more cars than Charlotte on Memorial Day weekend with the Coke 600 in town????

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
There might be a bit of a paradox at play here: there are more guys running the full schedule than in years past, which in turn might discourage other teams who would, as a result, have a reduced chance of running well. Diesel at $4.25/gallon doesn't really help either.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,236 Posts
I am not sure, but the All Stars may be racing closer to Pa

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
Charlotte is a snoozefest track that burns tires IMO. The only way I'd go there is if I was already in town for the Cup race..Cant blame ANYONE for not wanting to pull all that way to get spanked and burn a couple COMPLETE sets of tires when you can race at home on a better track, possibly not burn multiple sets of tires and go home at night. Saw on Facebook Wayne Johnson was heading to Ohio so the All Stars must have been out there. (Think he is running with them for whatever reason this year?)

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WTG WOO and CMS same as Las Vegas. Sad! You could pack the track with fans and Sprint Cars. Now you cant draw the cars because of the track and Bruton and staff wont bring the people into fix the track and the boulders being propelled by the sprinters IFO of the cars it is dangerous.

For Vegas you would draw all the top California 410,Oregon,Wa,Utah,MT,Canada w/o thinking twice for both races. Vegas was a must do and see race.Much like the three Day Calistoga WOO Race that no longer exists over Memorial day that is now a two day KOW show.

I have heard several drivers complain to this day about the Three Day Show @ Calistoga because they use to all relax camp barbecue for all the teams it was huge party with the fans and the teams . The fans and the teams miss the togetherness not to mention the eats and stories and bench racing.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
It was also a one night show in NC on the same night Williams Grove runs for points, which cut Posse guys who could travel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts