GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thunder_alley1984 said:
I joined as a "fan" dodger...you got a cool thing going by using facebook.
Thanks! I think you are my only "fan" right now. I also tried to set up a MySpace page but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. I thought that would be two good ways to reach the demographic that I want to reach. There are a lot of 16-25 year old collectors in my area that doesn't know about my shop so I'm trying to spread the word.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I have a MySpace page, and my wife has a Face Book page. I'm w/you, I prefer Face Book. Just not that familier w/either and I don't even have enough time to keep up w/my MySpace page.
If I ever get a chance, I'm gonna switch to Face Book.
Can I check out your Face Book page w/o signing up and/or having my own page?

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FFighter_21 said:
I have a MySpace page, and my wife has a Face Book page. I'm w/you, I prefer Face Book. Just not that familier w/either and I don't even have enough time to keep up w/my MySpace page.
I think you have to be a Facebook member to actually view the page.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
DodgerBlue said:
FFighter_21 said:
I think you have to be a Facebook member to actually view the page.
I could prolly use her account to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I joined as a "fan" also. The local card chain up here, Shinders, went out of business over the summer so my source is all gone, might have to buy some from you sometime Dodger!

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Well this thing is moving at a snail's pace. Most of the framework for the online store has been developed. We listed a card and "bought" it and went through the checkout process. I'm happy to report that everything worked perfectly. Now I just have to scan and upload around 20,000 images of items for sale. :laugh: I'm supposed to meet with the web guy soon to go over what we have so far and to put the finishing touches on everything. I'm shooting to have this thing launched before Christmas. That would be a good time since I am considering promoting a show the weekend after Thanksgiving. Anyway, bookmark www.hlsportscards.com. Hopefully Heroes & Legends will join the online world before I'm too old to enjoy it!

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still in development. I just renewed my domain name for 2 years. So I have paid for a year of hosting and a year of the domain name and have seen absolutely nothing in return. I have 2/3 of my single card inventory imaged and ready to upload. I can barely get the guy to email me back when I have a question. I have learned a valuable lesson with this project......you cannot do business with friends. I should have just hired an outside firm to set it up and I would have been enjoying sale after sale for months now. All I can hope is that it gets done soon. I'll let everyone know......if I can get any info out of my web guy!

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't really fire him because he is doing it for free. He wants to start his own web design business and is doing a few sites for free to use as examples to future customers. I guess the old saying is right......I got what I paid for!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
This is off topic, but reading this reminded me, what ever happened to the experiment you were doing? Ya remember? Selling the cards and then taking the profit and re-investing it and then listing again etc etc.? Just kinda curious...

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
kind of funny...I'm in the process of builing a website for our fire department. I have all the pieces in place except the hosting. A guy at one of our stations has that end of it sewn up so it shant be long now...I just have to load it up. Personally...I'd go with a web page. It really isn't difficult to do once you get rolling. I bought a domain for $1.99 and hosting is around $100/year AVERAGE give or take. Good luck with it..I'd say exposure via facebook will help down the road for your target market/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts