Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a 2011 Regan Smith Darlington race win diecast. As great as the car looks, I was quickly reminded just how much I hated the packaging of the 2011 race win cars. I would much rather have cars packed in foam than with those annoying plastic pieces holding the car in place... Am I the only one that can never figure out how to get them back in the box? Takes me a lot longer than it probably should! Haha.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
I just received a 2011 Regan Smith Darlington race win diecast. As great as the car looks, I was quickly reminded just how much I hated the packaging of the 2011 race win cars. I would much rather have cars packed in foam than with those annoying plastic pieces holding the car in place... Am I the only one that can never figure out how to get them back in the box? Takes me a lot longer than it probably should! Haha.
I didn't care for the boxes of them, because they didn't fit in my boxes with the rest, but that was about it.. I thought the track was cool..

BTW, if you want to put them back, the plastic piece with the long flap on it, goes in the back, with the flap part of over the roof flaps (that holds them down) and the other goes in front, with the hood open, that rests inside the little mold part.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I had an issue with the packaging because all three of my Kyle Busch cars that came in the cases have this weird stain on the tires. Here's a picture of two of them -

It's like the tires had a reaction to the bottom of the case or something. It's why I didn't use any of them once I got them. Didn't want them to do further damage.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I had an issue with the packaging because all three of my Kyle Busch cars that came in the cases have this weird stain on the tires. Here's a picture of two of them -

It's like the tires had a reaction to the bottom of the case or something. It's why I didn't use any of them once I got them. Didn't want them to do further damage.
I've seen other tires have reaction to different plastics before, almost like they are melting. Sorta looks like the tires are flat-spotted.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
I've seen other tires have reaction to different plastics before, almost like they are melting. Sorta looks like the tires are flat-spotted.
I've bought cases from Hobby Lobby (the name of the company escapes me at the moment), the single 1/24 ones. I use to buy them without any bottom to them (Checkered, Mirrored, etc). The tires on the cars had a chemical reaction between them and the plastic, and created grooves in the bottoms. Luckily, the car and cases separated with no damage to the cars though. I even forgot one time, and had a car displayed on top of one of the cases and it did the same thing...

·
Registered
9,990 Posts

That's what I assumed happened. There isn't actually psychical damage or anything, so I always thought the stains were strange. No big deal though. I'm the only person who picks up my die-casts so nobody is the wiser when looking at my cars. LOL.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts

That's what I assumed happened. There isn't actually psychical damage or anything, so I always thought the stains were strange. No big deal though. I'm the only person who picks up my die-casts so nobody is the wiser when looking at my cars. LOL.
It's because they're Kyle Busch cars....

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
I liked the way the 2011 wins came. They worked for me, but that's mainly because I use single car display cases as my main means of displaying.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
That single Kyle Busch win will turn into an entire collection. It'll consume you! Speaking from experience of course. Ha.
I'm already consumed enough with JJ and Regan... Thanks to JR he has way too many cars, and I'm way behind... back to the topic though now :)

·
Lurking in the Shadows
1,310 Posts
That single Kyle Busch win will turn into an entire collection. It'll consume you! Speaking from experience of course. Ha.
Hell yes, when I go to the track this week that's one of my priorities, to find a Rowdy win! :woot:

On to the topic though, the packaging didn't bother my cars whenever I got one. Weird, some people just have bad luck with Lionel... while others are safe and satisfied (I'm in the middle)

·
Premium Member
12,378 Posts
Never noticed but I never kept them long anyway. Think I have 1 left so maybe I will look.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
This sounds like a major fail with the cases they used and that happening to the tires. As for the boxes, I don't think I've seen a 2011 RW in the box to know what you are talking about, but plastic inserts always make cars a pain to get back in the boxes.

What I hate is the cars being screwed down to the styr0foam anymore. I know it's safer and everything, but I'm so afraid of unscrewing them and damaging them. So I have 4 diecast on my dresser still with the bottom half of the Styrofoam. It looks weird, but whatever.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
This sounds like a major fail with the cases they used and that happening to the tires. As for the boxes, I don't think I've seen a 2011 RW in the box to know what you are talking about, but plastic inserts always make cars a pain to get back in the boxes.

What I hate is the cars being screwed down to the styr0foam anymore. I know it's safer and everything, but I'm so afraid of unscrewing them and damaging them. So I have 4 diecast on my dresser still with the bottom half of the Styrofoam. It looks weird, but whatever.
Why would you damage them by taking out a screw?

·
Hobbyist Extraordinaire
1,406 Posts
I've bought cases from Hobby Lobby (the name of the company escapes me at the moment), the single 1/24 ones. I use to buy them without any bottom to them (Checkered, Mirrored, etc). The tires on the cars had a chemical reaction between them and the plastic, and created grooves in the bottoms. Luckily, the car and cases separated with no damage to the cars though. I even forgot one time, and had a car displayed on top of one of the cases and it did the same thing...
You've had trouble with the single acrylic cases? I use a lot of them and can't say I have. Typically, I just use the Ultra-Pro ones with the basic floor- not mirrored or checkered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts