1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
[No message]

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Though this is likely a no-brainer, KURTBUSCH2008 should be on the list (and I am PRETTY certain three wide and Kurtbusch2008 are the same asshole...I KNOW who the kb2008 is and I THINK he uses the three wide as a secondary account. The game I believe is he gets special perks, puts stuff up on kb2008 for absolutely outlandish prices, then puts the same/similar items on three wide for a reduced but still obnoxious price. People compare, and think the three wide is a good deal...and get sucked in.

·
Vocal Member
3,179 Posts
Though this is likely a no-brainer, KURTBUSCH2008 should be on the list (and I am PRETTY certain three wide and Kurtbusch2008 are the same asshole...I KNOW who the kb2008 is and I THINK he uses the three wide as a secondary account. The game I believe is he gets special perks, puts stuff up on kb2008 for absolutely outlandish prices, then puts the same/similar items on three wide for a reduced but still obnoxious price. People compare, and think the three wide is a good deal...and get sucked in.

The funny part is, is that I do "mt dew" searches all the time, almost daily on ebay. I have heard you mention Kurtbusch2008, and knew right away who you were talking about! I too share the same views on him. Any potential buyers of his beware, there numbers are piling up against this guy, buy at your own risk, and do you research before you do, if you must. This is the auction that always makes me laugh.

RARE Kasey Kahne Rookie Mountain Dew SheetMetal Gloves - eBay (item 270166292179 end time Sep-08-08 19:38:48 PDT)

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure yet what his Ebay screen name is, but the guy who runs the shop in Daytona called Daytona 2000. Here is a link to the store which is pretty lame, but he claims that they sell ARC diecast in the store for $85. (This is the same Assclown who wants a Dale Earnhardt/Tupac and a Dale Earnhardt/Paris Hilton car.) His user name on the RCCA forum is "DEIRCR3". Here is some of his latest dumbass posts so you can see just what kind of an idiot you're dealing with here...

Concerning the new Joey Logano car...
deircr3 said:
I just bought the car on ebay. This guy had a buy it now for $99.99. I hope I get it in time for the Daytona 500 so he can sign it and I can sell it.
About his (or his father's store-- his story keep's changing)
deircr3 said:
It's called business. My store does well but I want more money. At my store I sell the 1/24 action cars for $85 which is a good deal.
Welcome to DAYTONA 2000 Online Nascar Superstore

·
Vocal Member
3,179 Posts
JAYMON5000 is our latest scammer/shill bidder. Here I thought I was gonna get a good deal on a Truex car, only to be bid up by a "guy" with 2 feedbacks. Glad I didnt bid any higher, but only bid up his final selling fee for what he will have to pay regardless. I bid what I wanted to pay, glad I didnt win now. Just check out the "winning bidders" feedback, and who ALL it is from, Pretty obvious to see what is going on here. Also reported the item for Shill Bidding, will give any updates if I get one. Im glad that I am at least not out anything, and didnt give this guy ANY of my money, but I feel better now that hes reported at least so this hopefully doesnt happen to anyone else.

#1 MARTIN TRUEX 2007 NATIONAL WILD TURKEY FED. 1/24 - eBay (item 350093529488 end time Sep-05-08 18:59:24 PDT)

·
Registered
388 Posts
diecast_museum (952

Ebay seller who needs a class in packing and shipping diecasts. He sent me a 1/24th MA Pit Stop car in a weak reused box without tape reinforcement and wrapped the car and it's box in one sheet of newspaper, with a couple more sheets thown in. The car banged it's way across the country in a box that was too big for it and no protection. Seller blames USPS for his shoddy packing.

No, I didn't buy insurance and I never do. What good is insurance when the seller doesn't use common sense in packing? Am I supposed to buy insurance, hope the package gets to me unharmed, get my money back when it doesn't, buy another car from the same seller, then get another car that was shipped across the country without proper attention paid to ensure the car would not be damaged. That's a cycle I don't want to be involved with. It's not about the money. I'd rather have a nice car in a nice box than my money back.

Anyway, beware of this seller. He didn't pack my car very well and didn't take my suggestions well. I was going to buy a couple of other cars that he had listed. But, now that I see how he packs and ships, I will not be doing that.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Sort of off topic but goes along with silver24ado's post about poor packing practices. I bought a fairly high dollar diecast from a guy on the Roush board. Got it at good price but I was stunned when I opened my mailbox and found the car(in its box) in a priority mail "BAG" with no packing at all. The car was simply put in the bag, sealed and shipped. Obviously being from there I had no recourse for negative feedback. I have also had a seller from ebay send a 1/24 car inside of a priority box for documents that is only about 2 " thick and a diecast box is about 4" the box had a huge bulge in the center and also had no packing material either. I can say that I have always had good experiences with people from this board and the other 2 that I frequent.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Silver,

1. Insurance is for the sellers benefit, not the buyers.

2. If you paid thru Paypal, file a item not as described complaint and you will get your money back. You will have to ship the item back to the seller, do it with delivery confirmation so you have proof that you sent it back and Paypal will get your money back IF the seller has that amount in his account.

3. If you paid thru paypal with a credit card, contact your CC company and do a charge back. That way even if he doesn't have the money in his account, you will get your money back.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks for the replys. For me it is not about he money, I only paid $5 for the car, but $9.99 for the shipping. So, the $5 isn't worth the hassle. I told him I hope he learns from it and makes a little more effort in his future shipments. I don't know if he will because I will never buy from him again and I hope you guys don't either. I told him about this site and that I would be posting my experience with him on here. He said I shouldn't slander people that way. I told him it's not slander if it's true. I just wanted the car in the condition it was shown in the listing and his poor attempt at packing didn't get it to me that way. He offered to give me my money back if I sent the car back. I said I'd already given it to the neighbor kid and will find another one from another seller.

I did some research and it cost about $6 for the seller in actual postage (parcel post). $0 for the box, and maybe a fraction of a cent for the ad out of the newspaper. I figure $3.98 worth of his time and gas to the P.O. would be enough to get it to me in at least good condition. He disagreed and said that was what insurance was for.

I have received hundreds of diecasts from sellers over the years and I've only needed insurance once. The USPS mangled a box that had a nicely packed WC 1/18th car in it and the car's packaging got munched. All the other cars I've received that were damaged were poorly packed in bubble mailers (still can't figure out why people think that's an okay way to ship cars), not enough protection, or a box that was too big or too small. It's actually amazing how many sellers don't use common sense in their packing. Even the one's who claim to "care" and ship thier items "carefully". It's a crap shoot.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to add to this discussion about insurance and shipping-- the seller is absolutely right that "this is what insurance is for". However, it is HIS RESPONSIBILITY to get you the car in the condition advertised, and if he didn't include insurance in the price of shipping because he wanted to make a couple of extra bucks, that's his problem, not yours. As I have said before, when I sell items, I include insurance in my shipping price to protect ME as the seller. If the buyer isn't happy with what he receives, we are both covered. Bottom line is this guy is a dumbass.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
Re: eBay® Sellers to Avoid

I want to add piece of poop seller.Slilestrand.Scott is out for number one.Scott will want a deal when he purchases a car from you.Scott will asure you he will return the favor when you need a car Scott DOES NOT.Scott is on the other boards buyer beware.

·
Registered
247 Posts

H*Thomas - Has had several Ebay user I.d's in the past year. 505cutiepie was one of the other I.d's and works with user I.d phillip Melvin. May be the same guy??? Always has protos or #0001 white golds and platinum elites in Jr, Stewart, Edwards. All the pics are the same listing after listing. Been caught shill bidding 2 or 3 times by ebay. Look at his completed items. Just shilled with Y**Y (5) on his items.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts

I am not sure yet what his Ebay screen name is, but the guy who runs the shop in Daytona called Daytona 2000. Here is a link to the store which is pretty lame, but he claims that they sell ARC diecast in the store for $85. (This is the same Assclown who wants a Dale Earnhardt/Tupac and a Dale Earnhardt/Paris Hilton car.) His user name on the RCCA forum is "DEIRCR3". Here is some of his latest dumbass posts so you can see just what kind of an idiot you're dealing with here...

Concerning the new Joey Logano car...

About his (or his father's store-- his story keep's changing)

Welcome to DAYTONA 2000 Online Nascar Superstore
hell...he doesn't even know who's cars are who's...
he has this one listed as KYLE BUSCH...OK sure it is the #5, but it is the Terry Labonte Ironman car...wtf?>
Daytona 2000 Online Nascar Superstore

·
Registered
109 Posts

I think this user has since quit Ebay, but Flagtoflagracing. I had won a preorder auction for a car and payed with a money order which was stupid on my part, but the car never showed up. I called and called, no answers, and they never returned my calls. And since it was a preorder and I waited so long, Ebay claimed they couldnt do anything.

·
CraZy LuDiCrOuS
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
4,824 Posts

I had a shipping/packing issue once with a seller from ebay about 6 or so years ago (so I don't remember their ebay name). It was a someone selling about a 1-inch square piece of sheetmetal framed with a collage of that driver and his car. The frames were kinda cheap, but their packaging sucked. They had wrapped the pictures in a couple sheets of newspaper and put them both in a box that was just a bit too big. Out of the two that I bought, one was undamaged but the other one had something heavy hit its side of the box and it broke the glass. I contacted the seller, gave them a lesson in packing framed items with glass for shipping, and they said they would send a replacement. I never got a replacement and I just said to hell with it...the collage was still in fairly good condition (the broken glass left a couple of scratches) and the sheetmetal was still in good condition.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts

i recently won some 1/64 cars from a seller named left turn. it stated pay for first car and shipping free on all cars extra. i get two separate invoices showing full shipping charges and they split my order into two orders. i requested a new invoice and twice more i got the two invoices with double shipping. so after three requests for a correct invoice , left turn files a no paying bidder against me. i am 100% with excellent buying and shipping record. i responded to ebay that i would pay instantly if they would send me a correct invoice. i finally received two more invoices. one with the correct shipping and the second part of my order with free shipping. ok i paid instantly. it took another two weeks to get my order. i left a totally honest feedback of neutral for them. it would havebeen negative but i did get my order. a week later i received an email through ebay from left turn stating the buyer is responsble for payng and blah blah. i forwarded it to [email protected] and sure enough it was a fake. their rating is 100% but never again.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts

i recently won some 1/64 cars from a seller named left turn. it stated pay for first car and shipping free on all cars extra. i get two separate invoices showing full shipping charges and they split my order into two orders. i requested a new invoice and twice more i got the two invoices with double shipping. so after three requests for a correct invoice , left turn files a no paying bidder against me. i am 100% with excellent buying and shipping record. i responded to ebay that i would pay instantly if they would send me a correct invoice. i finally received two more invoices. one with the correct shipping and the second part of my order with free shipping. ok i paid instantly. it took another two weeks to get my order. i left a totally honest feedback of neutral for them. it would havebeen negative but i did get my order. a week later i received an email through ebay from left turn stating the buyer is responsble for payng and blah blah. i forwarded it to [email protected] and sure enough it was a fake. their rating is 100% but never again.
I have bought from that guy before and i have had no problems thats weird

1 - 20 of 179 Posts