Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1121 - 1139 of 1139 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Highest bid # on a diecast I've ever seen (with 5 days left as of this posting). Seriously, WTF is wrong with some of you Chase Elliott fans??

I don't get it...

Chase Elliott 2011 Snowball Derby Win 1/24th #101 Of 150 Autographed | eBay
Holy cow, that’s insane. I’m not a fan of that car myself. Seems more like a fantasy piece since it doesn’t look anything like the actual late model he won in. His stuff is insane though. Before he even won the title, I sold his Kansas Dew win, just a plain ARC for $200 on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
At this point it's just a dick measuring contest. Somebody wants to say LOOK AT ME! I HAVE ONE AND YOU DON'T! NEENER NEENER!
It's disappointing I'll never have one, but I would NEVER pay even half of that for what amounts to a mediocre custom. I could have a quality one made for 1/8 the price and it would be 1 of 1.

·
Registered
85 Posts
At this point it's just a dick measuring contest. Somebody wants to say LOOK AT ME! I HAVE ONE AND YOU DON'T! NEENER NEENER!
It's disappointing I'll never have one, but I would NEVER pay even half of that for what amounts to a mediocre custom. I could have a quality one made for 1/8 the price and it would be 1 of 1.
Yeah, the clear or decal wrap is really thick on these custom Snowball Derby cars, and detracts when you have the car up close. I have one of the John Hunter Nemechek victory cars, and it's one of my favorites buried deep in my collection (I also have a door panel off the car), but it looks much better on the shelf from afar, rather than holding in person. I think I paid around $50 for the JHN car?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Yeah, the clear or decal wrap is really thick on these custom Snowball Derby cars, and detracts when you have the car up close. I have one of the John Hunter Nemechek victory cars, and it's one of my favorites buried deep in my collection (I also have a door panel off the car), but it looks much better on the shelf from afar, rather than holding in person. I think I paid around $50 for the JHN car?
I have the JHN car as well lol! That's how I know the quality. I bought mine from one of the tent vendors at Talladega. $65 I think? It was an impulse purchase.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the JHN car as well lol! That's how I know the quality. I bought mine from one of the tent vendors at Talladega. $65 I think? It was an impulse purchase.
I pulled mine out last night because my kickass girlfriend surprised me by purchasing the Snowball Derby PPV for the weekend, and I now remember that these cars were wrapped OVER the donor, not stripped down.

I can tell that mine was originally the David Green #34 AFG Glass car, as you can see the graphic lines under the wrap. What about yours?

I wonder if the Elliott cars are the same way...

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I pulled mine out last night because my kickass girlfriend surprised me by purchasing the Snowball Derby PPV for the weekend, and I now remember that these cars were wrapped OVER the donor, not stripped down.

I can tell that mine was originally the David Green #34 AFG Glass car, as you can see the graphic lines under the wrap. What about yours?

I wonder if the Elliott cars are the same way...
I never really noticed until you mentioned it. Mine is built on an #07 Bowyer Directv.

·
CraZy LuDiCrOuS
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
5,035 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts

This one takes the cake. There HAS to be some sort of scam going on here.

·
Sunday Money
2,126 Posts
1121 - 1139 of 1139 Posts