Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story first broke a couple weeks ago of online pharmacies that had professional athletes listed among their clients. Angels outfielder Gary Mathews Jr. has been the focal point of sorts. A couple of these online businesses have been shut down and are under investigation. One of the pharmacies in question located in Mobile, Alabama has been named as supplying many WWE superstars with HGH and several forms of anabolic steroids. In 2004, this supplier filled prescriptions for Randy Orton for 6 different kinds of steroids including stanzolol which is the one that Rafael Palmeiro tested positive for in 2005. Edge and Shane Helms also received prescriptions for HGH. Rey Mysterio also received a few forms of steroids. Kurt Angle, now with TNA, is also linked to one of the online pharmacies. Sadly, the late Eddie Guerrero, is also named as a client receiving steroids from one of these suppliers. It is said that 11 different WWE wrestlers were listed as clients. This will only fuel the fire among those that hate wrestling and insist that "everyone is on steroids". In an interesting twist, WWE administered several urine tests today backstage at the ECW/Smackdown TV tapings. It was said that well over 20 performers were tested. WWE does not give advance notice of testing to their talents so this may have already been planned but it sure seems as if they are trying to scurry and clean up the mess. This could be a media disaster right before their biggest show of the year, Wrestle Mania. I don't expect any suspensions to be handed out right now unless it is a lower level talent. I do think there could be repercussions of the testing after Wrestle Mania is over with. I have suspected Mysterio for a while along with Chris Masters, Batista, Johnny Nitro, and one of my favorites Chris Benoit. It is also important to note that the WWE did not have a wellness policy in place in 2004 when these online transactions took place.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I must say I to did suspect Masters was a user. Orton and Nitro don't surprise me either. I just started to watch wrestling a few months ago after watching it with my buddy who is a die-hard fan. I've only watched Smackdown a few times but when I first saw Batista I thought right away he was on the juice. I think that this is the beginning of the end of pro wrestling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts