Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently scored a mis-marked Jeff Gordon 2000 Elite at a local Hobby shop for $27 with tax!
Was originally $125....1 of 7500 and mine is #969.
Guys Wife goofed it was SUPPOSED to be $25 off ($100)
(No pics yet)

Just before Christmas I scored this MINT signed Jeff Gordon IMHO TRUE Rookie.

For my 15yr old Son for Christmas I got him these Signed Race Used Valves from Jimmie Johnson's 2004 Car signed.

The look on his face was PRICELESS! ::)

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thunder_alley1984 said:
One of my personal best finds on accident was Bobby Labontes Maxwell House Rookie T-Bird. It's a long story but after it was all said and done he gave me the car for free and yes it was the 1/24 scale too.
Kewl!
I just picked up a 1999 Labonte Kellogs RC MIB for trade material.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
My best find was just recently. Kspool sent me a 1/24 Bud/Elvis30 WC c/w/c, for nothing. Just cause he's a nice guy! I had hunted everywhere and the Wally Worlds and K-Marts here have almost nothing as far as NASCAR die-cast. He took pitty on me and hooked me up. That's the only car I have ever gotten w/o paying what was wanted for it. Not real lucky I guess. Thanks again Spooleo!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Acouple of months ago I was on ebay and someone had a 2004 kasey kahne rookie elite 1 of 288. Only problem was they had it labled as a 2005 elite. I could tell by the nose it was an intrepid not a charger. Best part of it all the buy-it-now price was $69.99.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Now that's a score! Goodn'!

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
adams603 said:
Acouple of months ago I was on ebay and someone had a 2004 kasey kahne rookie elite 1 of 288. Only problem was they had it labled as a 2005 elite. I could tell by the nose it was an intrepid not a charger. Best part of it all the buy-it-now price was $69.99.
Niiiice scrore!!

Like me....I got a 2003 Jeff Gordon Victory Lap for $36.00 shipped.
I didn't have the best pics and wasn't listed as a Victory Lap car.
The normally bring around $65-$75.

I took it down to the Hobby Shop here and traded for a Gordon COT even swap!
Can't get a COT for $36!! :)

Listed as....
"Jeff Gordon #24 1:24 Scale Nascar Diecast 2003 Monte NR"

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Best deal I have ever found, was at a Flea Market in Princeton. A guy had the rare WC 1997 Earnhardt Wheaties with grey interior 1/24. Rare just to see one. This guy was selling it for $30.00 and I talked him down to $20.00.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
At the time, if you would see one on ebay they would go for over $75.00.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love it when that happens!!!
Going to flea markets and garage sales your lible to find any thing.
I've made several good scores on other things there that have made me a few bux.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In 1998 at Ames, early in the year and later I found the 1/64 chrome chase Mark Martin Valvoline and Eagle One for $1.99, and at a flea market the next year this guy had all the '98 RC gold 1/24 trucks for $15, so I picked up a Biffle, that usually goes around $100 on Ebay

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I guess mine would be when Marden's had a bunch of 1/24th diecasts for $18 apiece last summer. I bought 20 of them (only 6 for myself, one a gift for dad, one was traded and the rest were offered here or on other sites). That jump-started my collection and my desire to collect diecasts (and make me poor lol).

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
taterracing said:
I guess mine would be when Marden's had a bunch of 1/24th diecasts for $18 apiece last summer. I bought 20 of them (only 6 for myself, one a gift for dad, one was traded and the rest were offered here or on other sites). That jump-started my collection and my desire to collect diecasts (and make me poor lol).
KEWL!!
Sounds like me when I got into 1:25 Model cars.
Bought a OLD collection for next to nothing....it exploded from there.
Now I'm into diecast....go figure! :)

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
My best was buying the Kevin Harvick Brickyard raced version Elite and trading it for my Kevin Harvick Fastbreak car.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
At the end of the 06 season a Ebay seller had some 06 Kasey Kahne 1/24 cars in a dutch auction and I ended up getting one for $5. It was unopened with the white packing paper still around the box. About a week later I got an 06 Kenseth 1/24 in the special Gatorade box for $10 still in the shrink wrap.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Is this the same Karz as I think it is?? That would be sure something, wouldn't it??

My best find...In 2003, I found a 1997 Morgan Shephard #1 R&L Carriers car at a Wal-Mart. It was the last 1997 car I needed from Racing Champions and had been hunting it for a while...was quite surprised to find it on the shelf at WalMart some 6 years after it came out.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Billy Kingsley said:
Is this the same Karz as I think it is?? That would be sure something, wouldn't it??

My best find...In 2003, I found a 1997 Morgan Shephard #1 R&L Carriers car at a Wal-Mart. It was the last 1997 car I needed from Racing Champions and had been hunting it for a while...was quite surprised to find it on the shelf at WalMart some 6 years after it came out.
Holly cow it's BILLY!
Yes it is me!
Uhhhh Billy is also a Model Car Builder I've know for a long time.
Shoulda known He went diecast also. LOL

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
When I went to Charlotte in 2006 for the Spring Busch race, some guy at the tents had a few Stephen Leicht diecast, the Action sponsered car and the 2006 Citifinancial, both 1/24. He had a bunch of em, and he said "Yeah, these cars are 10 bucks, even though they were just released a few months ago and they are signed, this Stephen Leicht guy won't amount to anything." And I remembered that Stephen was Matt Leicht's cousin, and Matt is a friend of mine. So I picked em both up. Neither of them are worth much still...but its a great find to me.

And I got another...its kind of a weird story. I had been hoping that MA would make a Scott Wimmer 1/24 Holiday Inn diecast last year, but they didn't. I was looking at buying a Jeff Burton from 2006 maybe as a replacment around August, since Scott had run the car for a year and did good, I wanted to get it, seeing that when I look through my collection, its like looking through his career. Anyways, I was looking to get the Burton, then at Wimmer's message board, someone said they bought a Wimmer 1/24 diecast at the track. Everyone else said it was a Jeff Burton, and that we hoped he wasn't too exciting thinking it was a Wimmer. But he showed a picture of the car with Scotts name on it, and the box, with Scotts name on it. The Wimmer Fan Club store got a few in, and I bought one. But whats kinda weird is theres a sticker on the box with Wimmers name on it, but when you peel it off, Burtons name is on the actual box. I'm thinking maybe MA decided to make some at the last minute, and they made some diecast with Scotts name on the car and took extra Burton boxes and put a Wimmer sticker on there. Either way, that was a pretty cool find.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts